Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend WrapUp

Halloween Weekend 2009 was pretty fun. It is really starting to feel like fall! Friday when I came home from work we got started working on our pumpkin. Once he was all carved we decided to name him Fred. Everyone meet Fred! (He is supposed to look surprised.)Here he is getting used to his new spot on the front porch.
This was our first Halloween in the neighborhood, so we weren't really sure if we were going to have many trick or treaters. I didn't know if it was the kind of neighborhood where people only trick or treated at houses they knew or if it was a free for all.
We spent Saturday morning cleaning house. Ran a few errands and came back home in time to watch Florida beat Georgia! (Thank goodness, since South Carolina decided not to show up to the Tennessee game.) We went out to a Pre-Grand Opening Party at Cheddar's (a new restaurant in town), and it was pretty good. Of course the service was great because it is new, but I wasn't anticipating the ridiculously huge portions. Seriously, our dessert was a slice of chocolate cake the size of my head! We left a little bit of candy out on the porch. It was all gone when we came back, so I only had a few pieces left to hand out to the last trick or treaters.
Then it was time for Spooky Movie Fest '09! We watched the new Halloween (really scary!) and the Amityville Horror (Hello, Ryan Reynolds!). Even Fred was scared!
I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pumpkins pictures! Glad to hear you had a great Halloween!

    Oh, and I left you something on my blog... :)

    ReplyDelete