Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
- I've been sick all week, which is no fun. It has been a little nice to catch up on rest at home, but daytime tv isn't as good as I remember it being and the Price is Right, just isn't the same with Drew Carey.
- It still doesn't feel like fall in our neck of the woods. We enjoyed one nice week of cool weather at the beginning of October but now it's back up in the 80's during the day. It just doesn't feel fall-ish if I'm still wearing shorts on the weekends and no tights at work.
- Since it has been so warm lately and I've been sick I haven't cooked much. If it would cool off, it would certainly put me in the mood to bake.
- I can't believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. I'm really looking forward to enjoying time with both of our families this year, decorating, and shopping for gifts!
- I've been super slacking in the exercise department lately and I've really got to do something about that. I think if I could just get myself on a schedule it would help, it just takes so much more effort to workout than it does to sit on the couch and watch the Real Housewives.
- Speaking of the Real Housewives, I really enjoyed the ladies from D.C. (except for Michaele, of course) and hopefully Beverly Hills will be fun, too. So far, I'm really liking Kyle and Linda.
- I found some fabulous new $2 sunglasses last week and thought I'd try them out on the way to Papa's wedding. I do love a good bargain!
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Monday, October 18, 2010
...and here's the happy couple!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
- I haven't blogged for a while because this was one of the worst summers I've had in a while. Except for a quick trip to Florida to visit a set of in-laws and a fabulous visit up to Columbia and Charlotte to see DMB, it was rough.
- I'm throughly ready for fall weather, gatherings of friends and fun!
- After this terribly hot summer, I've realized that summer is not as fun when you don't have a job that gives you a summer break (like all the fabulous teachers in my life) or you are trying to save money and skip vacation because you are living on 1 income.
- I'm finally ready to get back in the kitchen. I got a little bored cooking the same thing over and over this summer, which is entirely my fault since I have plenty of cookbooks. I'm hoping to make one new recipe every other week for the next few months.
- In addition to fall weather, I'm ready for fall baking season. I am anxiously awaiting cooler weather so I can use my kitchenaid mixer and bake a ton of delicious goodies in my kitchen.
- Football season is here! We are huge college football fans and try to tune in or go to as many Georgia Southern (our alma mater), South Carolina, Florida, South Florida (Matt's other alma mater) games as we can.
- I'm trying to get all of my photos and music reorganized and backed up. It makes me nervous to think about losing any of it.
- I've realized that I'm completely addicted to tv and need to start reading more books before my brain rots from overexposure to trashy reality tv and random crap.
Monday, July 12, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
I used store bought cookie dough, since I was a little pressed for time and put it in the freezer ahead of time to make it easier to roll out and cut cookies and once they were baked and cooled I iced them with royal icing.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Light Daily Sunscreen
In the past few years I have tried to be very diligent about wearing sun protection daily. That used to mean using a daily moisturizer with spf in it, rarely higher than spf 15 or spf 30. I thought that if I used anything higher it would have to be in the form of heavy, greasy sunscreen. I was wrong!
I have been using the Neutrogena Ultrasheer Liquid Sunblock every day for the past week and I am very please so far. It smells really fresh and it doesn't feel too heavy. During the week I wear it under my makeup and it doesn't make my skin oily. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works this weekend while we are outdoors most of the day.
Would you like to review UltraSheer®, too? Then go to http://www.giantwavepool.com/ultrasheer!
Or get $2 off your UltraSheer® purchase at http://www.neutrogena.com/suncoupon.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received the product mentioned above for free for review purposes from Tidal Labs. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
The rules are:
1) Thank the blogger who presented me with this award…done!
2) Share 7 things about myself.
3) Pass on the award to 10 bloggers I have recently discovered and love!
So here we go! Seven random things you might (or might not) want to know…
Here are my seven things:
- I (like Sarah) have a ridiculous amount of cookbooks. I do cook a lot, but I should probably make myself some kind of deal that I won't buy another cookbook until I've tried 50 new recipes or something like that. Maybe that should be my challenge for the summer.
- I collect carnival glass. My friend Andy probably thinks it's a little bit old lady-ish of me, but that's fine. I like it because each piece is a little bit unique and it reminds me of my Granny Grits (my great grandmother).
- One of my favorite places in the world is St. Augustine. My husband took me there to celebrate our first year of dating and we've been back many times since. It's so laidback, you can walk practically everywhere, there are great outlets and the drinks are cheap!
- I love photography and hope that one day I'll have the opportunity to turn it into an occupation instead of just a semi-part time occupation.
- I'd love to live at or near the beach at some point in my life. Maybe even just for a summer...seems like you'd almost have to be in a good mood if you lived close enough to the ocean, right?
- I am a proud Southerner, but if I had to choose any other culture to be a part of, it would be Italian. I love Italian food and could eat it 24/7 and the people seem like they really enjoy life. Plus, how pretty is Italy in the movies? I hope I get to visit one day!
- I am obsessed with being frugal. I subscribe to 'frugal' blogs, print coupons, clip coupons and I'm always on the lookout for a deal. I rarely pay full price for groceries, clothes and a lot of other things. I love to save $$$!
Friday, May 14, 2010
- gorgeous weather
- buying a few summer treats for myself at CVS (nail polish, etc.)
- grilling out hamburgers
- heading downtown to see what the Saturday Market on the River is all about
- starting a new book