Sunday, October 16, 2011

In Case of Zombie Apocalypse...

I am so excited that a new season of The Walking Dead is right around the corner.  For those of you that aren't familiar, it's a show about a zombie outbreak in and around Atlanta and a group of folks trying to survive it all.  Pretty scary, huh?  It's on AMC so the story is really, really good and last season the Hubs and I were hooked.  The last episode ended with the group making their way from the woods outside of town into the city to the CDC, where they hoped they would find help. I also like trying to pick out landmarks and recognizable locations since they film in Atlanta and Senoia, GA.
And it got me thinking...what would I do if 'it' really hit the fan? Obviously I'd need to work out a ton of details like making sure we had a stockpile of food, wine and weapons.  My grandad has some land with a little lake on it outside LaGrange, Georgia.  He calls it 'The Outback'.  Now that I think about it, it's not too far from Columbus (and Fort Benning) and not too far from Atlanta (and the CDC).
Friendly Cows at The Outback
And since my grandad was an Eagle Scout and in the National Guard, he'd be super prepared with cots and fishing supplies and we'd be good to go.  Hopefully, it will never come to that, but if it does, I've got a plan!  We'll just hang out at the lake, fish and hunt for food, milk cows and have a bonfire every night.  Either that, or we'll just take over the world and make it our playground like they did in Zombieland!


No comments:

Post a Comment