Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Randoms

We moved to Jacksonville! I'm still going back and forth to Gainesville for my job, which is actually pretty great. I'm lucky to have such understanding coworkers to let me work from home a few days a week.

It's still hard to believe that yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of 9/11. I'll never forget sitting in class at Augusta State and hearing the news, going home in time to see the second plane hit, and freaking out/praying the rest of the day. So much has changed since then.

I'm so happy that fall is right around the corner! I'm so ready for this summer to be over for many reasons. Our first summer in Florida was a little awkward, trying to figure out jobs and living situations. Plus fall = football!

I think I have accidentally become a toiletry hoarder. I didn't mean to, I just kept getting great deals with my coupons. Now I'm on a 2 month toiletry shopping freeze. No one needs more than 1 or 2 backup deodorants or shampoos do they?!? The bathroom closet is kind of out of control these days.

I'm so ready to find our new 'normal'. Life has kind of been upside down since we moved to Florida in February. Everything feels different all the time, which is hard for someone like me who really enjoys things to be the same. God has really taught me a lot about getting out of my comfort zone.

I got my eyebrows waxed yesterday for the first time in 6 months. 6 months, people! I don't know why I've been so lazy with everything lately. I need to find a social life soon, so I have a reason to put my face on and look respectable!

We went to the beach yesterday for the first time since we moved here. It was instant stress relief. We'll need to do that more often!

1 comment: