Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Rant

This probably seems a little silly to be so bothered about but it is something that really gets under my skin. Why do cashiers and baggers have such a hard time with reusable bags?!? I love my reusable bags and carry them everywhere since they fold up so easily these days.
The biggest reason I love my reusable bags is that it allows me to carry a ton of stuff in just one bag. It has very little to do with the environment. Not that I hate the environment,
I just hate walking out of Walmart or the grocery store with 20 items and 15 bags. And then you get home with a ton of plastic bags. I feel terrible just throwing them away but it takes forever for me to remember to take them back to Publix or Walmart to recycle. It's just a pain in the but.
I hate walking up to the register and having the cashier pick up my reusable bag, stare at it like it's a bomb or something else questionable and then stare at me. Then I have to go through the whole 'it's a reusable bag, I've already paid for it' nonsense. Next the bagger usually tries to put only 3 items in it, or waits for me to tell them it's ok for them to put everything in it. I just wish the managers of these stores would have a team meeting and explain bags. They are all over the place, it's not like I'm the first person to use one. Either that or just let me self check out, like I used to do at home. It's so much easier and my groceries get bagged just as I like.Does this bother anyone else or am I just a weirdo?!?

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I usually want to scoot the cashier or the bagger out of the way! Who would think it's that complicated...Good rant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not weird! This happens every time I pull out my reusable bags. The usually roll their eyes at me as if I'm the WORST PERSON ON THE PLANET. And once, they put everything into a plastic bag, then into my reusable bag! They just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete