Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Coupons are my friend!

I don't know how many of y'all use coupons, but they are my new best friends! My mom always clipped coupons when I was growing up and I remember following her around the grocery store with her little coupon file checking prices and whatnot. I didn't really start using them myself until I was in college and shopping for groceries on my own. I use them more and more lately, especially since I cook most of the time during the week. And also, since I'm married to an accountant and we both love saving money.
If you take just a little bit of time and planning you can save a ton of money! Here's a few tips:
  • Traditional Coupons: Each Sunday I buy the paper. Sunday is the best day for coupons and it really doesn't take that much time to clip them out, 15-20 minutes tops. Plus you get the sale papers for all the grocery stores and Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc. so you can see who has the best deals each week.
  • Online Coupons: I check online each week also for coupons. You simply check which ones you'd like and print them out for the store. My favorites are Coupons.com, CoolSavings.com, and CouponMom.com
  • Store Savings Card: I don't leave home without my Kroger or BiLo card. You'll almost always save money even if you don't have your regular coupons. And if you do, you can save double with card savings stacked on top of your paper coupons.
  • Online Coupons on your Store Savings Card: Sites like Shortcuts and Cellfire will send coupons directly to your store savings card once you register. You choose your coupons, they're sent to your card. You can even print out your shopping/coupon list to take to the store with you.
My best advice is to take a little time to plan. There are certain products I buy no matter what's on sale, but those are few and far between. I usually plan my meals and menus by coupons and what's on sale each week at the grocery. Where I live, Kroger has chicken breasts on sale every other week, so I buy enough for two weeks and plan ahead. That way I never have to pay full price. Kroger also doubles coupons up to $1.00! So if you have a coupon for .35 that's 70 cents off, and for .50 it's a DOLLAR off!
With a little work and planning you can save a ton of money and you might even find some fabulous new products that you love. Either way, it's a win-win!

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree! I wish I had a Kroger. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYC has 8 coupons. They are a bit random, but they are deals for 8 cents or 88 cents on different products/foods/services. Designed to get you in the door to spend money, but if you are headed out anyway...

    Plus you can get them sent to your cell and just show the text coupon :)

    Check it out before you come visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About India’s Largest B2B Online Store
    We are a complete B2B e-Commerce website, dedicated to growing Indian Fashion Wholesale Manufacturer's product lines and increase Indian Brand recognition. While providing order processing for buyers and providing full customer service, we have everything you need to get your foot into the booming online business with minimal effort and costs.
    The fashion & Lifestyle business is not just challenging, but also one of the most buzzing businesses. In this ever-evolving world of trends, designs, and consumer behavior, CheapNbest opens the door to new opportunities to grow your business.
    To Buy Your Favorite Fashion & Accessories in Bulk, Please visit our website, https://www.cheapnbest.com/
    Visit our website to buy your favorites Fashion & Accessories

    ReplyDelete