Friday, September 18, 2009

Rain or Shine...


We're going to see one of our favorite bands tonight, The Avett Brothers! They're playing a show in Augusta tonight as part of the Westobou Festival and it is going to be fantastic. I started listening to the Avett Brothers after Matt introduced me to them and now they are one of my favorite bands. I haven't seen them live yet, but I hear they are a lot of fun and they sing a few of my favorite lyrics:

'Well you send my life a whirling
Darling when you're twirling
On the floor
Who cares about tomorrow?
What more is tomorrow?
Than another day.'

~from 'Swept Away'

'And I've known others
And I've loved others too
But I loved them cause they were stepping stones
On a staircase to you...
And I dream of children
We can call our own
Watch 'em run around in the front yard
From the front porch of our home'

~from 'Offering'

They have a great new song out now 'I and Love and You', which I hope they will play tonight. Go check out a few of their videos here and here!
And...if you're in Augusta during the next 10 days, definitely check out the Westobou Festival and Arts in the Heart of Augusta (we're going tomorrow!). Westobou will have events and concerts like Keb' Mo' and The Blind Boys of Alabama. Arts in the Heart has tons of arts and crafts vendors and a bunch of delicious international foods. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no rain and hoping I can start Christmas shopping tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. you are in for a TREAT! the avetts are one of my all time favorite bands to see live. they put on such an awesome, high energy show! enjoy!!
    -april

    ReplyDelete