Thursday, January 7, 2010

Too Many Books?

Too many books? That's just crazy talk, right? Lately Matt has been complaining that I have too many books, as they are piled up on the bookshelf, in my closet, and anywhere else they will fit. I just can't help it. I have a bad habit of buying books faster than I can read them. I also don't like getting rid of books once I read them, especially if I like them. I know we don't have the room, but I'd love to have my very own library one day. I'm donating a few and taking a few to consign at a local new/used bookstore. One of my new years resolutions is to read more (and donate or share books once I am finished with them), so hopefully that will help. Currently I'm reading:
The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain (AKA my Travel Channel Crush): He's so sarcastic and I just can't get enough of No Reservations. I love his style of writing, it makes me want to learn more about food and cooking.
It Ain't All About the Cookin': Paula's biography! I've been waiting to read this for a while, and was really excited to receive it from Santa Claus.
New Moon: Slowly working my way through the Twilight series, not b/c I don't like it, but because I want to make it last longer! I love it!
Never Make the Same Mistake Twice, by Nene Leakes: a birthday gift from some of my girls who know I love RHOA and Nene. I haven't gotten that far into it, but I'm liking it so far.
What are your favorite books lately?

2 comments:

  1. New Moon was my least favorite of the Twilight series and I *still* couldn't put it down! I'm re-reading it now... siiiiiiiigh. :)

    I also got Dear John by Nicholas Sparks from mom for Christmas - can't wait to get going with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George leaves his books at his girlfriends house and sends Jerry to get 'em. "The Break-Up"

    ReplyDelete