Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tomatoes Are On The Way

There's nothing I love more than tomatoes. Seriously, I eat them like apples year-round! Last year I grew my first crop from seeds to plants and I was successful, surprisingly. This year I'm planting big boys, early girls, rutgers, grape and cherry tomatoes. I can't wait for summer sun and homegrown tomatoes, right off the vine!
Last week my tomato and seedlings were barely peeking through the dirt:
This week they are getting bigger:
Pretty soon, it will be time to harden them off and plan them outside. Spring and summer are right around the corner, thank goodness.
My herb garden is sprouting too! I'll have parsley, oregano, chives and cilantro in no time.

2 comments:

  1. Way cool. This is on my to-do list for the spring. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our seeds are coming up too! We have tomatoes, pumpkins, herbs, and cucumbers :)

    I have a new post going up today and you've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete